Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Feelings On Stencil Project.

The feelings that I had throughout this entire project was finishing. The project was an amazing way for me to express myself in a completely different way than what I'm used to doing. My beggining idea was to include in my stencil, the icon of The Virgen de Guadalupe. My teacher told me that I needed to be loose and just let the ideas flow to me, but without making my project look like a poster board all nice and neat. That idea for me was challenging to accept because I am a person that is used to doing everything in an "almost" perfect manner. I started to let the ideas flow to me just like my teacher had said, but along the way I had a ton of roadblocks. I had an idea in my head that I wanted to accomplish, but I somehow just couldn't get that expressed through and into my work. By the end of the project, I felt so super happy that I had finished a challenging project for me, but also a great project for me to develop as an artist. All in all, I had a great time working on this project, and I had a great time letting loose with my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment