Thursday, September 10, 2009

Trash Is A Failure Of The Imagination

Task:To use discarded items in order to create a piece of sculpture.
Explain The Assignment:-I looked at artists on google images and I found many bottlecap baskets thathelped give me the idea of the baskets that I made.
-The research on the web that I did was searching for images that kind-of matched the idea that I had in my head, and I also researched the Peyote Stitch in order to be able to connect the bottlecaps together and then attach them to my baskets afterwards.
-I practiced using cold connections by using many different methods including (The Peyote Stitch) to connect my bottlecaps together. Then I practiced on how to use the stitched bottlecaps on several items, until I came to the idea of the basket.
-I planned out my idea by first researching the web in order to find a good idea to do, then I drew the idea out on a piece of paper, and then my partner and I started talking about what types and styles of baskets we would use.
-We executed the idea out by getting a basket big enough to get covered by bottlecaps, then we Peyote Stitched the bottlecaps, and connected them together.

1 comment:

  1. Daisy,
    You have done a great job on this project. It is well thought out, and all the elements work together to create a unified piece that is functional. I have enjoyed working with you in class, keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete