Thursday, September 10, 2009

Explaining My Idea

My idea in the begining was to make a hanging fixture of bottlecaps, but then I thought that I should make the idea more interesting, so I thought of doing a basket instead. My partner agreed and we were able to get a basket the following day and Lisa gave us the idea of using the Peyote Stitch to connect the bottlecaps together and we printed instructions on the idea and we started connecting the bottlecaps together into rows of 8. We tied a knot on one side of the basket, and then we twisted the row around the basket and tied a knot at the other end. We ended up making 3 baskets in a row in which they would be used as containers to hold various cosmetics, jewelery, and hair products. Not going far too off from our theme, we used real hair from a nearby hair salon and glued it to paper that we laminated and cut to fit into the boxes. At the end, I sewed the laminated paper to the baskets and we put in the hair supplies and jewelery into the baskets as our final product. In the end, our project turned out a big success after our hard work and dedication.

No comments:

Post a Comment